Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weight-loss Journey.. Week #1 Re-cap ..

                Today marks the first week of my official weight loss journey.  I am more than happy with myself; not only did I conquer a fear but accomplished a new goal. Unfortunately my body was not ready to embark this new goal. On Tuesday I was able to run 2 complete miles without stopping however my body soon realized it was not ready. A year ago today I injured my back the cause being over exercising. I realized on Wednesday morning after waking up with a horrible back ache and terribly sore legs that I was putting my body in jeopardy again. That same day I decided to walk two miles and run one which is not bad considering all I did for an entire year was walk. This upcoming week I have decided to continue to run one mile and slowly increase my speed.
              Today is my rest day which means no running or exercising I am letting my muscles relax and giving them time to grow and catch up. Today I am not sore and I do not feel drained out. I believe my body is finally getting use to this new routine which makes me happy. Never did I think I would have this much fun losing weight. In the past I tried many times but always failed. It always disappointed me but I never lost hope.  I finally realized I was ready for a change and truly wanted it for myself. It finally became about me and not everyone else; which is something I feel comes with time.  Failing is just part of the journey it is part of being human and having insecurities.
              Slowly but surely I am letting go of everything I have been told and taught about beauty. I am learning how to eat, exercise and accept myself. Accepting myself has not been a problem for me since I have always been into myself. Fat or not. I always considered myself beautiful but like everyone I have my own insecurity moments.  I am human thus I feel. People at times can be extremely cruel as well even when they do not mean too. Which is odd.  I know that many overweight individuals suffer from low self esteem issues and well I understand them because at one brief point I use to be very insecure. To my fellow fatties .. yes fatties..  Fat is not a bad word the faster you come in terms with that the better. Also realize that no one is perfect.. NO ONE will ever be perfect.. work on building your self esteem first learn to love yourself above all and everything will turn out at the end <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment